16th October 2018
1. How long did it take to let your last property?
6 months +
2. Your tenant rings you at 2am to say the kitchen has flooded from heavy rain. What do you do?
hang up the phone
shout abuse, then hang up the phone
say the damage is done and you will arrange a plumber in the morning
ring a 24 hour emergency plumber from your tradecontacts list immediately, advising the tenant not to use electrical equipment and to turn off supply where safe and appropriate.
3. Your tenant hides everytime you try to go round to speak to them. What now?
climb in through the window and accost them
call the Fire Brigade and tell them to bring a ladder
wait with sandwiches behind a tree for them to come out
send them a registered letter saying you will need access to the property
4. Your tenant is one week in arrears – what action do you take?
hire a collection agency and ask them to take care of it
try and contact the tenant yourself
do nothing and hope that the money will come next week
5. How do you deal with prospective tenants? You:
encourage a bidding war
ask them for references and a deposit
choose the one with the friendliest face
ask them if they've ever taken drugs
6. Your new tenant gives you £1000 deposit. Do you:
bank it in a high-interest account
go on holiday with it
use it to fund improvements on the property
put it into an approved deposit protection scheme.
Remind me about Your Property People's property management for Gloucestershire properties
Click here for testimonials for Your Property People letting agents in Gloucester